Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Importance of Customer Service

Today I ate at a coffee shop style restaurant marketed as a upscale dining experience. After finishing my meal I started to ponder on what would make the experience more complete. There were a couple of things that came to mind that could help their operations. Improved customer service, a addition of a hostess and waiter/waitress, and a “bus boy” table cleaner… These are to much to ask for a upscale dining establishment.
In the dining business the appearance, food quality, customer service, and atmosphere play an integral part in the success of a business. You can market to everyone, but the end result should sell itself. I would go back to the restaurant if I was in the area, but would not make it a part or key reason for a trip. Would this not bother you as an owner?

I have always been told that you will always sell something.. your always selling yourself for a job interview, in a dating situation, and almost any other situation you find yourself in.. I just made reservations for a dinner date tonight. The employee of the dinner restaurant did a horrible job of expression any other emotion than disdainment for having to schedule a reservation.. take a name and a time then hang up.. I can only hope that the cooks have a better attitude toward their work. I know many people in the customer service world hate what they do. This however does not take away the front line impact they have on their client base. Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment