Saturday, November 27, 2010

Eventually...


MIRROR MASK
Image by Dioboss via Flickr


Eventually I will listen to myself. I will heed my own advice, and actually act upon what I already know. So many things have become increasingly apparent. It seems that if I focus on trying to be relevant, I lose the main battle I’ve been fighting all along. It’s not a struggle of trying to stay relevant or the next thing. That should resonate from me. I believe it does. I have what it takes to do whatever I set my mind to.

So as I sit here typing, listening to the Yoshida Brothers (as usual) i find myself thinking… STOP… Just stop trying… Stop trying to calculate options, Stop thinking about it… Just do it…

In the last couple of weeks I’ve found that I love writing, I still love the engineering field, and I still love business. I’ve come to realize that trying to play it safe has got me where I knew it would. I remember telling a certain someone (actually a couple of people) how things most likely would play out. To date I have been correct. I have played by the rules expected of me and have gotten what was expected, a very small spot on a small rung hidden in obscurity doing task that sound interesting but in reality is the exact opposite.

The important takeaways from my current trajectory are clear. I have learned so much (to my surprise) about life, work, and myself. For this I am extremely grateful. It has re-enforced my conviction. By playing it safe I do get to survive; however, what makes me well me is lost in the calm waters of contentedness. I’ve become a mere sleepy bystander, without a face, that drudges throughout the day to a fictional light at the end of the tunnel.

Now I know this is in sharp contrast to what I preach rampantly on this site. I know. In true Manic Genius fashion I have worked fervently on a something. There has been a plan all along. I just have to remember to stick to it and not get lost in the predicament I’ve been fortunate to have found myself in. This year has been an interesting one. I have so much to be thankful for. The list is long and contains about everything you might imagine. I understand that life is a gift, and one should not take it for granted. Hence I plan to make the most of it. Every endeavor I find myself in, I hope to gain the most.

I must remember who I am, what I stand for, what I want to do, and actually achieve the goals I set out for. The obstacles are never ending… The journey is never easy… But as sure as the sun rises, I’ll be there continuing onward. It’s that first step that is the hardest. The free fall we are experiencing now has taught us many lessons. They differ from person to person.

There is still plenty of time… But that is a comfortable saying for those eager to accept their fate… I know I don’t make much sense… Part of the mania I guess… All that matters truly is that I know… All you must understand is that you will never achieve without sacrifice. 

As Always… Knock Hard… Life is Deaf…
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment