Thursday, June 23, 2011

VEX WAR - Mindstorm

This is a re-post of an older blog. Just thought I'd bring it back for a bit.

Well I love robots. I really do. When I found out that I'd get the chance to be part of this tournament, I was just a little excited. With a diverse team of mechanical engineers, a two hour time limit, and some common sense we designed a simple strategy. We build it small, powerful, with a low center of gravity, and a brush guard. We'd just ram everyone and hope for the best. We named it Johnny Reb, as it was inspired off the principle of a pickup truck (to honor the great south's suburban terrorist) armed with tank tracks and a grille that Little John would be afraid off.

Johnny Reb - VEX Mindstorm LEGO Robot

Front         Side


Here are the video's of my battles.













As you can see, MadCat went on to be the champ. The tourney was a double elimination, so they won out after their loss to Johnny Reb and beat the team that beat me... Stole It.. Congrats to all the teams involved! It was so much fun, and has re-ignited my love for robotics all over again. MMA meets nerdness.. A perfect place for me!

As Always... Knock Hard... Life is Deaf...

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I like robots, too, but more in the vein of fictional creations.

    ReplyDelete